Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Faith of Our Abundance Life

Today's readings are from http://www.usccb.org/nab/081107.shtml

From the 1st reading we can read about this :
“When the LORD, your God, brings you into the land which he swore to your fathers: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,that he would give you,
a land with fine, large cities that you did not build,
with houses full of goods of all sorts that you did not garner,
with cisterns that you did not dig,
with vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant;
and when, therefore, you eat your fill,take care not to forget the LORD,
who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.

I am so amazed even the Lord swore for my abundance, the land with fine, large cities that i did not build, houses that full of goods, and etc. If I want to translate to my language it would be like this. God swore to give me : a house that full of love and comfortable for me to live with my family, Passive incomes so that I always satisfy the needs of me and my family, cars or transportation so that I can go to many places God want to show me, and etc.

Maybe some people might say that how come God swore the abundance but there are so many poverty in the world? I was thinking like that, but again today I get the answer from the Gospel:
He said to them, “Because of your little faith.Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed,you will say to this mountain,‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move.Nothing will be impossible for you.”

I dont ignore the facts that out there, there are still many people who are hungry or suffer. However I take these passage for the context of my life. What I can do is just give thanks to the Lord for the abundance that I have right now. I keep believing that if I have the faith of the Abundance and believe in the Word that God swore. Nothing is impossible for me.

Thank you Lord!

No comments: