Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Faith, prayer and The Secret

I have just read today's reading which are taken from here. The first reading is really interesting, when I see that after looking by themselves, the promised land which is so abundance. The Israelites were so pessimistic and discouraged themselves. Instead of being positive like Aaron who wanted to see at the abundance not to the "challenge" which is the presence of the fierce inhabitant on the promised land.

From the first reading, I asked my self, how many times that in my life, or even in the last one week that I discourage myself by focusing to the negative, to the scarcity? Even the abundance is already in front of me. It just need me to take action to take it, there is no free lunch!!

With the moaning and groaning, complaints, pessimistic of the Israelites even God also became angry with them and He said this :
The LORD also said to Moses and Aaron:
"How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the grumblings of the Israelites against me.
Tell them: By my life, says the LORD, I will do to you just what I have heard you say." (Num 14: 26-27)

God will do to them as what He have heard them say, what does this mean?
Now I want to go to the Gospel reading, instead of being like the Israelites, the woman who has not seen the abundance in front of her, but she believe, she know in her faith. She keep asking Jesus to heal her daughter, she keep trying and trying through the rejection she get from the disciple even from Jesus. Guess what? She never give up!! Until Jesus said "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed from that hour. (Mattew 15 :28 )

Why Jesus said that? Let it be done for you as you wish... I want to relate this to the book of the secret or the Law of Attraction. We can see that the woman focus in the healing of her daughter, she know and believe that her daughter will be healed. Before she met Jesus we don't know how many times and fervent she had been praying for the healing of her daughter.
Then she took action, she asked, persistently and believe... with this she was sending her will to the universe and the universe send the answer to the Son of God to heal her daughter.

I was surprised when I reflected these to readings in my life. How many times I was like the Israelites? How many times I was like the woman? both of them get what they wishes, God give them both. Both of them have the same persistence and faith, in different ways or wishes. As the Law of Attraction says "Like attract like". Interestingly Jesus also taught this to us, even our ancestor from the time of moses also taught this to us. If you really ask for something and you really believe it or not, whether it is bad or good wishes, you will get it.

you also can refer to my post about the review of The Secret book at http://seeds-project.blogspot.com/2007/08/secret.html

3 comments:

Dr Jayashree Joshi said...

For a person your age, you are pretty focussed on religion, which is heartening.

I'm an India-based Online Health Consultant.
I've just launched my new website

www.farawaysister.com

I want you to think of me as your 'Partner in Health'.
I talk about alternative therapies and I offer a variable, easily-affordable fee structure.
I have put loads of information about health issues on my site's various pages, too. You will discover this as you go through my site.
Please bookmark my site and remember me when you think either you or someone you know would benefit from my advice.
Thank you.
Good Luck in your Life!

Dr Jayashree Joshi said...

Thank you.
I got your comment on my blog.
I'm sorry there's no comment page on my website as yet, but I'll put one in when I can.

PS I like your Blog very much.

Dr Jayashree Joshi said...

Thank you.
I read your comment on my blog page.
I'm sorry there's no comment page on my website yet, but I'll try and put one when I'm able to.

I like your work and attitude towards life.